The 2012 leader of the Denon receivers array is Denon AVR-4520CI — 9.2 channel Networking 4K A/V Receiver –. It comes with 150 W x 9 channel power amplifier and a 9.2 channel processing capability. Of course, it is more than enough power for the biggest of rooms and the most demanding of speakers. The complete network functionality consisting of a 4 port Ethernet hub provides access to limitless digital source. This Denon 4520 is DLNA1.5 certified receiver supports Sirius XM, Pandora, Spotify, and AirPlay. The capability for 4k video processing and the three-way HDMI outputs goes in line with high quality I/P scaling. It could send out 2 different video sources through 2 HDMI outputs. This Denon receiver integrates real multi-zone HDMI audio/video distribution with its HDMI matrix-switching functionality. All sums up to the most comprehensive AVR experience that Denon need to provide. All is securely shielded by a well design strong aluminum front panel with trap door concealing extra ports and control buttons.
Denon 4520 Superb Surround Sound
This Denon 4520 features 150 watts x 9.2 channel amplification with multi-mono block amp architecture that guarantees high performance. This will certainly produce dynamic surround sound along with dual subwoofer outputs for ideal bass performance throughout your room. Signal paths are as short as feasible to keep signal degradation in the audio circuitry to a total minimum.
Denon 4520′s architecture permits maximum system configuration adaptability, making it ideal for custom integrators who wish to offer their customers with the best system for every imaginable lifestyle demand.
Denon 4520 features 3D Pass-Through
The Denon 4520 has the ability to pass through 3D signals from your Blu-ray player, making sure that the 3D effect does not get lost in translation. It additionally acknowledges signals from 3D television broadcasts.
Audyssey MultEQ XT32 to Optimize Sound
MultEQ XT32 makes use of high-resolution equalization filters, making it perfect for huge or odd-shaped rooms. It is the most precise room correction solution with even more than 10 thousand specific control points enabling finer details of the room’s issues to be captured and fixed. The ultra high resolution filters are put on all channels consisting of the subwoofers, with the most apparent advantage being heard in the low frequency range where correction is required the most.
AL32 Processing Multi Channel for Denon 4520
The well-known AL32 Processing Multi Channel enhances the fidelity of multi channel sources by innovative DSP processing algorithms that enhances low level detail and boosts fidelity by adaptive filtering methods. This additionally offers enhanced dynamic range and spatial details, emphasizing all the nuances with maximum clarity and fidelity. All processing is finished with a resolution of 32bit on Denon 4520.
4K HDMI ports
The Denon 4520 has seven HDMI inputs, 3 HDMI outputs (2 parallel and one discrete) ports. They are offered for the next-generation 4K video signal supporting HDMI input. This Denon receiver upscales all video signals to 4K (3,840 by 2,160 pixels), which |offers 4 times the image quality of 1080p. This allows you to utilize it with 4K screens and video projectors.
With these HDMI terminals you could connect high-definition audio and video from a range of HDMI-compatible devices, such as Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, game systems, and media players like Roku and Apple television. One of these ports is found at the front so that you could quickly delight in video from a movie video camera, game console, or smartphone.
The front panel additionally has a USB port to straight connect your USB drive, iPod, or iPhone to the Denon 4520 receiver. A flip-down door on the aluminum front panel nicely conceals controls and connections when you’re not using them.
4 Zone 4 Source Playback with the AVR-4520CI
The AVR-4520CI could be the focal point of an entire home system, consisting of the primary room plus 3 additional playback rooms, with independent sources available for each zone. It supports up to 3 different video sources and 3 different audio sources.
Play Different HDMI Sources Concurrently
The AVR-4520CI integrates real multi-zone HDMI audio/video distribution with the addition of its HDMI matrix switching functionality. Prepared with 3 HDMI outputs (2 parallel and 1 discrete), this model of Denon receivers enables the hookup of up to 3 different HDMI-equipped screens. The receiver could deliver 2 different HDMI feeds to 2 screens at the exact same time straight from the receiver, doing away with the requirement for expensive external switches or remote control complexity.
Denon Link HD Jitter-Free Audio Transmission
Denon 4520 additionally incorporates Denon Link HD, a Denon’s proprietary jitter-free audio transmission technology, Jitter during transmission has actually been effectively eliminated by connecting both an HDMI cable and special clock synchronization cable to supported Blu-ray players to completely synchronize the clock between the receiver and the player. Denon Link HD is supported by Denon’s DBT-3313CI Universal Blu-ray Player.
Denon 4520 Immersive Surround Sound
Denon 4520 supports the Dolby Pro Logic IIz that extends the space in the height direction and the Audyssey DSX that expands surround sound beyond 5.1 with even more speakers for an immersive and realistic home theater experience. This enables you to take pleasure in surround sound with the spread and depth worthy of large-screen, high-definition monitors.
The Denon 4520 also incorporates Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume for comfortable and ideal listening of any source at any volume.
Advanced Functions to Play Streaming Media
Denon 4520 as IN-Command A/V Receiver enables you to delight in a range of enhanced network sources, such as listening to Internet radio and playing media saved on your computer. The AVR-4520CI have services like vTuner, Pandora , Sirius XM, Flickr, and Spotify along with Apple’s AirPlay innovation, which permits you to listen to media from the iTunes collection on your computer, iPod touch, iPad, iPhone, or Mac. Denon just announced plans to partner with Spotify, so that Spotify Premium customers can tap into the service through the Denon 4520, without the requirement for a portable device or a computer.
The AVR-4520CI is DLNA 1.5 certified and suitable with computers running Microsoft Windows 7.
Assign Power Amps for Different Audio Setups
Denon 4520 supports up to 9.2 channels for surround playback. You could reassign the amps from the 2 surround back channels to power a pair of front height speakers, or, to attain higher-quality sound for two-channel stereo playback, you could set up this Denon receiver for front bi-amp operation.
Easy to Setup the AVR-4520CI
The AVR-4520CI features a Setup Assistant along with GUI (graphical user interface) that streamlines the preliminary setup and day-to-day operation. This type of Denon receivers additionally supports the free of charge Denon Remote App, which lets you run the receiver’s major controls from your Android smartphone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone.
Furthermore, you could make use of Audyssey MultEQ Â® XT32 to do an advanced automated speaker calibration. By using the included mic to evaluate sound, it will immediately adjusts individual level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers.
Denon 4520 Features Summary
State-of-the-art Denon Solutions to Maximize Content Quality
- 11.2 channel enhanced surround processing with Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo:X
- Fully discrete, identical quality and power for all 9 channels
- 150 W per channel power amplifier with symmetrical monolithic construction
- Denon custom-made high current power transistors (D.H.C.T) for high current capability
- Denon custom-made massive capacitors and Selected Schottky Barrier Diodes provide high burst power
- DDSC-HD32 (Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit) 32-bit DSP signal processing for all channels
- AL32 Processing Multi Channel and high grade 32-bit/192 kHz DACs for highest resolution audio playback
- Denon Link HD for the best sounding jitter-free connection to our new DBT-3313UDCI Blu-ray disc player
- Hybrid PLL Jitter reducer for the most accurate digital audio playback
- Supports 4K video signals (improved i/p scaling, pass through and GUI overlay)
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and Audyssey Sub EQ HT Dual subwoofer EQ processing for optimum room acoustic calibration
- Supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and Dolby Pro Logic IIz/Pro Logic IIx/Surround EX processing
- Audyssey LFC solves the problem of low frequency sounds disturbing people in adjacent rooms
- Supports 192 kHz high resolution network audio (WAV 192 kHz/24-bit, FLAC 192 kHz/24-bit)
- New smoothest diagonal edge video interpolation
- Gapless audio playback
- Digitally transmitted play function for iPod® and iPhone® (via USB) for best sound quality
- Denon’s proprietary Compressed Audio Restorer function restores sound quality from compressed music sources
Connectivity & Future-ready Expandability
- Network capabilities and connectivity options for the ultimate entertainment experience
- Apple AirPlay, streaming music
- DLNA 1.5 certified
- Compatible with Windows 7
- vTuner Internet radio
- SiriusXM and Pandora Internet Radio,
- FLAC HD High resolution audio file playback (192 kHz/24-bit)
- Photo streaming
- flickr photo streaming
- HD Radio tuner built-in (antenna supplied)
- Convenient HDMI port on the front panel for connecting a camcorder or other device
- 7 HDMI inputs including one on the front panel / 2 outputs (simultaneous) + 1 output for Multi Zone
- Front HDMI port supports MHLTM (Mobile High Definition Link) for viewing smartphone content on your HDTV
- Includes an Ethernet hub (4 ports) for easy connection to network devices on your home network
- Advanced Pre-Amp Mode allows the connection of external power amplifiers
- Free Amp Assign function provides numerous speaker drive configurations
- 4 source, 4 zone output with Zone 4 HDMI output
Ease of Use
- Setup Assistant provides easy-to-follow setup instructions with the on-screen Graphical User Interface
- Supports our new “Denon Remote App” to simplify operation by Android & iOS tablets or smartphones
- New LCD learning and pre-coded remote control with new key layout for ease of use
- Front display with large, easy-to-read characters
- Sleep Timer
- Standby HDMI pass through
- Auto Standby
- IP Control Capability with C4 certification
- InstaPrevue Technology, live picture-in-picture preview of HDMI input connected to an AV receiver
- Very low power consumption in standby mode: 0.1 W
- Trigger output (150 mA) x 2
- Audyssey Installer Ready
- 3 year warranty
With the newest audio and video processing innovations, the Denon 4520 delivers performance on par with much more expensive separate components, and consists of a host of networking features designed to harmonize with portable devices along with offering compatibility with primary brands of home automation and custom integration system controllers. This receiver would not just provide the leading-edge audio abilities for which Denon is renowned, but additionally offer users with the very newest in enhanced connection to all their preferred entertainment contents.
|Read Customer Reviews||See Product at Store||Get the Best Price|
Click on the image
Denon 4520 Specifications
|Brand & Model Number||Denon AVR-4520CI|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||No|
|Current availability at Amazon.com||In stock|
|First available at Amazon.com||September 5, 2012|
|Power supply||AC 120 V, 60 Hz|
|Power consumption||780 W
Standby mode: 0.1 W
CEC Standby mode: 0.5 W
Network Standby mode: 5.1 W
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||434 x 194.5 x 422.7 mm|
|Power Amplifier section|
|Rated output||*THD figures are power amp stage values|
|Front L/R||150 W + 150 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, THD 0.05 %)
190 W + 190 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.7%)
|Center||150 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, THD 0.05 %)
190 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.7%)
|Surround L/R||150 W + 150 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, THD 0.05 %)
190 W + 190 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.7%)
|Surround back / Front height / Front wide||150 W + 150 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, THD 0.05 %)
190 W + 190 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.7%)
|Speaker compatibility||4 – 16 ohms|
|Input sensitivity/impedance||200 mV / 47 kohms|
|Frequency response||10 Hz ~ 100 kHz — +1, –3 dB (DIRECT mode)|
|S/N Ratio||102 dB (IHF-A weighted, DIRECT mode)|
|Distortion||0.005% (20 Hz – 20 kHz) (DIRECT mode)|
|Tuning frequency range||87.5 – 107.9 MHz|
|Tuning frequency range||520 – 1710 kHz|
|In||HDMI (including 1 Front)||7|
|Composite (Video) (Incl. 1 Front)||4|
|Analog Audio (Including 1 Front)||7 (Phono: 1)|
|Digital Audio (Optical)||2|
|Digital Audio (Coaxial)||2|
|External Analog Audio (7.1 ch)||1 set|
|Out||HDMI Monitor||3 (Zone4: 1)|
|Component (Video) Monitor||2 (Zone2: 1)|
|Composite (Video) Monitor||3 (Zone2: 1)|
|Audio Lineout (Media player)||1|
|Audio Preout (Zone2, 3)||2|
|Audio Preout (SW)||2|
|Audio Preout (11 ch)||1 set|
|Other||Denon Link HD||1|
|iPod / USB (Front/Rear)||2 (selectable)|
|Setup Mic jack||1|
|FM Tuner Antenna||1|
|AM Tuner Antenna||1|
|Remote Control In/Out||In 1 / Out 1|
|Trigger out (DC12 V 150 mA MAX)||2|